I love quotes. In fact, I love them so much, I post a quote called The Daily Difference every day on all of my social media platforms. You can subscribe for free by clicking here. For me, quotes challenge me to think better, be better and do better.
Here is the quote that I believe will challenge you to think about your personal brand
“The simple truth is, if you aren’t deliberate, systematically, methodically – or rapidly and dramatically – establishing yourself as a celebrity, at least to your clientele and target market, you’re asleep at the wheel, ignoring what is fueling the entire economy around you, neglecting development of a measurably valuable asset.” – Dan Kennedy
Let’s break this quote down so you can take action…
- Deliberate. Are you being deliberate about becoming the person you want to be and what you want to be known for?
- Systematically. Are you putting in place the systems that you know will build your personal brand?
- Methodically. Are you using the right methods to build your personal brand?
You target market will be choosing someone to serve them, are you sure it will be you?
Branding lessons can be found just about everywhere once you train your brain to pick them up. Just recently we saw this TV commercial and I had to share with you some great branding lessons you can use for your business.
Here are three lessons you can use in your business if you are brave enough…
- The Pig – Right away the pig walking on a leash is a shock because how often do you see a pig on a leash? In marketing I call this a pattern interruption. We would expect to see a dog on a leash but not a pig and that interrupts the pattern. They even point out how shocking it is to see a pig on on a leash in the video…just look at this kids face. What can you do in your business to create a patter interruption?
- The Music – I am sure they had to pay some royalty fees for the right to use the song, but you can research a number of Royalty Free Music sites on the internet. We had the intro to our podcast created on Fiverr using royalty free music.
- The Video Story – Video is hot right now. How could you recreate a video that tells your story like this for your brand image? Take notice of the various angles in the video shoot. This adds to the suspense and intrigue..
The bottom line is this…are you playing it safe with your personal brand or are you willing to be authentic and stand out?
The other night a Real Estate Agent friend of mine sent me a FB message asking what I knew about the Facebook Live video feature and if she needed to be using it in her marketing. The truth was, I had not taken the time to fully investigate and learn about FB Live Video. Here is my first attempt at using FB Live…enjoy
Whenever we put on a Personal Branding Mastery Seminar, we always talk about the three baseline fundamental to building your brand. Over the years, these three fundamentals have proven to be the catalyst for numerous opportunities. Never get lost in thinking your brand is about you. Get focused on these three fundamentals first.
- Your personal brand is not about you it’s about your client
- Your personal brand is about making authentic connections
- Bring more value than you extract
We recently adopted a new dog into the house. She is a German Shepard named Landry. One thing I recognized early is that she is incredibly smart to the point that I can use Landry in my own branding. I purchased a leash and collar to match the paintball jacket I wear to speak at the Personal Branding Mastery Seminars and then I made a “selfie” picture with her showing off her new threads. This is step one in “humanizing” Landry. She is a connection point for many people. The more I can bring her into the fold, the more connections we can make. It isn’t about business, it is about connecting following my 5 rules of sales..
- Connect first
- Start a Conversation
- Build a Realtionship
- Listen for Problems
- Provide Solutions
We even did a podcast on the Power of Pets in Your Business which you can listen to here.