If I had to choose one word for my coaching it would be intentional. My wish that that if I can impart anything to another person it would be to become intentional about your life and your business. Refuse to allow life to happen to you, but rather become so intentional that you happen to life.
I am a big fan of John’s book Intentional Living and here is why…
I love quotes. In fact, I love them so much, I post a quote called The Daily Difference every day on all of my social media platforms. You can subscribe for free by clicking here. For me, quotes challenge me to think better, be better and do better.
Here is the quote that I believe will challenge you to think about your personal brand
“The simple truth is, if you aren’t deliberate, systematically, methodically – or rapidly and dramatically – establishing yourself as a celebrity, at least to your clientele and target market, you’re asleep at the wheel, ignoring what is fueling the entire economy around you, neglecting development of a measurably valuable asset.” – Dan Kennedy
Let’s break this quote down so you can take action…
- Deliberate. Are you being deliberate about becoming the person you want to be and what you want to be known for?
- Systematically. Are you putting in place the systems that you know will build your personal brand?
- Methodically. Are you using the right methods to build your personal brand?
You target market will be choosing someone to serve them, are you sure it will be you?
What can we learn from Muhammad Ali when it comes to personal branding? Granted he was able to make a name for himself in the world of boxing, but he did not start at the top. Here is what you and I can learn from how he positioned himself to become a dominate leader.
- Self Label the Identity You Want to Be Known For. In an interview Muhammad was ask how he became the greatest of all time. His response was classic. He said, “I said that even before I knew I was.”
The Lesson: Either you decide on your own label or the market will place a label on you. If you opt for the latter, then you will be at the mercy of who the market says you are and they may not be the label you want.
- Put In the Work on Yourself. Nobody just arrives at the top, they work themselves there through blood, sweat, and tears. Champions are crowned in the ring, but hey are made in the gym.
The Lesson: If you are not willing to put in the work behind the scenes, then you will not be able to reap the rewards.
- Be Likeable with Humor. Your ability to connect with people will be directly tied to the success you achieve. It has been said that the universal language is humor and anytime you can make that part of your brand you will see a dramatic increase in conversations.
The Lesson: Be likeable
- Create Your Own Hook Lines. Probably one area I like most about celebrities that anyone can duplicate is their creativity to come up with one liners, quotes, or hooks. Muhammad had tons of them from “float like a butterfly to sting like a bee” and others.
The Lesson: Create Your Own Quotes
- Be Approachable. I have header on many occasions that no matter how tired he was, he always made time for his fans. Too many sales pro’s get hung up on the deal that got away versus staying focused on the clients who got you to where you are.
The Lesson: Stay focused on your current and past clients. Show them the love and they will return it with more referrals.